The 4-Hour Work Week
The Currency of the new rich is time, mobility, and technology.
People don't want to be millionaires; they want to experience being millionaires. And do what millionaires do.
A book by Timm Ferriss
The DEAL formula
It's the formula to transfer yourself from a regular 40 hours of work a week into a healthier and more productive 4 hours working week.
D for Definition
Change your mind definitions and what success means to you. Define it.
More Wealth = More activities
Happiness = Excitement.
Ask yourself, what excites you? That is what makes you happy.
E for Elimination
Ask yourself: will completing this task make me happy today?
The Pareto principle (20/80) Points to the 20% of the tasks that will give you 80% of the value.
Parkinson's law: The time for any specific task will expand based on the time you put into it.
The Time Waster: There are tasks that you can ignore with no problem.
L for Liberation
Most workplaces promote activity, not productivity.
How to disappear from the office?
1. Increase your value to the company.
2. Increased output while working remotely.
3. Quantify the business benefits.
4. Propose a trial period.
5. Expand the time your work remotely.
Remember: Keep measure work output while working remote.
A for Automation
Automate all your review streams. How?
In your team or organization.
1. Everyone should have the freedom to communicate with each other.
2. Give responsibility to everyone you trust to make decisions.
3. Hire a virtual assistant.
4. Have a product to sell.
5. Ask people to buy it.
Outperform your competitors and then convince your customers.
When designing your product
- Summarize your product in one page.
- Make it easy for them to buy your product.
- Give bold promises to show them confidence.
Join the new rich now (Tips & Rules)
- Outsource your life.
- Focus on productivity rather than activities.
- Set up an email auto-response.
- Stop checking your email inbox now and then.
- Trying to please everyone is wrong.
- Everything popular is wrong.
- Retirement is the worst-case scenario insurance.
- Less is not laziness.
- Focus on being productive, not busy.
- The time is never right.
- Emphasize strength, not focus on fixing the weakness.
- Money alone is not a solution.
- Relative income is better than absolute income.
- People who avoid constructive criticism fail.