Change Yourself, Change Your Team
Influence team without authority.
Engage people in the change and let them drive it.
The Two Rules of Leadership
It's not about you
- If you think it's about you, the team will stop thinking as you generate ideas and lose motivation.
- You will put yourself under pressure that you should have all the answers.
Don't be the genius who knows all the answers, and be the smartest one.
Signs for that "bad" managers: They don't listen and focus on themselves.
Great Managers make their team members feel valued and important to the team.
Signs for that "Good" managers: They listen and focus on the team.
It's only about you.
Work and life harmony are not only about balance.
John Maxwell on The five levels of leadership:
People will work for you ...
- Because they have to
- Because they like you
- Because you deliver
- Because you helped them grow
- Because of who you are and what you believe in.
It's their choice to go from one level to another.
The only thing that influences them to change is changing yourself.
These 2 rules are the operating system that should guide any leader.
Nelson Mandela: I couldn't change others until I changed myself
The importance of autonomy
Are we training and developing people to own what they are doing? Or Are we training flees?
Good leaders inspire people to have confidence in the leader, and Great leaders inspire people to have confidence in themself.
Clarity is the essential thing to have before goal setting.
Asking the right questions:
- Why are we doing it?
- Who is it for?
- What is our end product? (Destination)
- How do we know we arrived?
- Where are you now?
- What holding you back?
- What are the barriers that get in the way?
- What already working well?
- How will you make progress on day to day basis?
Leadership is not easy but simple.
Spend more time on what is right, not what is wrong.
Give yourself a break. You will make mistakes.